We’re looking for an Administration and Events Officer to help organise events for European donors and provide support to the Ariadne team.
Ariadne is a network of European funders who work together to strengthen philanthropy, help funders act strategically, and encourage new donors to enter the field with maximum impact. Our vision is of a Europe where a strong philanthropic sector helps protect and promote human rights and social change. Current membership includes 760 funders representing 139 trusts and foundations in 21 countries. Ariadne hosts regular learning and networking events, coordinates a mentoring scheme, and operates an online portal where members can share ideas and information. At the moment, the network is operating completely virtually, but typically Ariadne holds in-person gatherings several times per year in different parts of Europe. The language of the central network is English, with sub-networks working in French, Dutch, German, and Italian.
Ariadne comprises a small team of four people with staff in London and Brussels. This position will be based in Brussels and will provide support to team members in both locations. Ariadne is hosted by Global Dialogue, which is registered in England and Wales as a charity (1122052) and a company limited by guarantee (05775827). Programme team members based outside the UK are hired through Remote, our Employer of Record.
Tasks will include:
– Working with the Ariadne team to plan the network’s events from proposal through delivery, including:
– identifying venues and arranging catering (when in-person meetings are appropriate);
– identifying and working with online platforms for virtual events;
– preparing event material;
– arranging planning calls;
– event promotion.
– Assisting with network communications, including the newsletter and Twitter;
– Assisting with financial administration;
– Dealing with email inquiries (first point of contact);
– Collecting grants data from Ariadne members;
– Supporting the collection of membership contributions;
– Organising board and staff meetings;
– Organising team travel (when travel resumes);
– Maintaining Ariadne’s membership database;
– Administrative support to the Ariadne team.
– Excellent communication skills, tact, and sensitivity;
– Attention to detail;
– Ability to work unsupervised;
– Good writing skills and editorial judgment;
– Experience of finance administration and budgeting;
– At least one year’s paid employment in an office environment;
– Excellent spoken and written English;
– Excellent IT skills, including MS Office applications;
– Interest in human rights and social change;
– Permission to live and work in Belgium.
– Experience of organising events (physical and virtual);
– Experience of providing support to on- and offline networks;
– Experience of notetaking meetings;
– Previous work experience with a non-profit organisation;
– Experience of writing for different audiences;
– Understanding of the issues facing social change and human rights donors;
– Written and spoken proficiency in a second European language.
Terms and Conditions
– Working Hours: Full-Time;
– Salary: €2,000 – €2,500 per month, depending on experience;
– Start date: as soon as possible;
– Location: Brussels, with some travel across Europe (when travel resumes).
The closing date for applications is 5pm CET on 8th October 2021. Interviews will be held during the week commencing 18th October.
To apply: please submit a maximum two-page CV and a one-page cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please use the following subject line: “Ariadne Officer: Last name, first name”. The filename of your CV should be “LastnameFirstname_CV” and that of your cover letter should be “LastnameFirstname_Cover”.
Please note that due to the large number of applications we receive, we will only be able to contact short-listed candidates.
Ariadne tries to create a work environment safe and open to all employees, respecting the full spectrum of race, colour, religious creed, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, political affiliations, ancestry, age, disability, and all other protected characteristics. We encourage applications from those who are less represented in philanthropy.