Ariadne is looking for a part-time consultant to coordinate a new initiative on digital rights and digital power. This initiative will focus on building funder knowledge and capacity around the implications of digital technology for the causes they support, with a particular focus on accountability in the online public sphere and countering AI-driven discrimination and inequality. This consultancy is supported by a project grant of two years.
The consultant will:
• work with members of an existing group of digital rights funders to identify the most pressing topics in the areas of digital rights and technology and potential areas for effective donor collaboration;
• oversee the development of an annual meeting of this group of donors, and support follow-up from those meetings;
• facilitate conversation in between the annual meeting, e.g. organise periodic webinars / calls for funders to check in and exchange information;
• conduct outreach to the wider group of Ariadne members and other foundations to share expertise and funding strategies to address the rise of digital;
• identify new funders who might be interested in joining discussions or collaborating on digital rights issues;
• promote bilateral connections between funders based on mutual interests;
• conduct mapping among the group to provide information about which organisations and issues are being funded by foundations and to identify possible areas for greater collaboration; and
• proactively disseminate recent publications / reports that might be of interest to funders.